Zooey Deschanel in Glamour: You Don't Need to Look Anorexic!



Zooey Deschanel covers the February issue of Glamour magazine. In it, our perennial crush laments how skinny many Hollywood actresses have become.
Zooey Deschanel Glamour Cover
"Actresses have definitely gotten thinner over the course of my lifetime," she says.
"Women I admired growing up - Debra Winger, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep - were beautiful and thin, but not too thin. There are a lot of actresses who are unhealthy-skinny."
"Much, much too skinny. You can't Pilates to that. I'm a very small person, and if I lost 15 pounds, I'd look like them; it's scary. For young girls, what does that say?"
"You need to look this way to be successful? That's not true."
"You do not need to look or be anorexic to be successful in Hollywood. The range of what's acceptable is a lot larger than what people believe."
Sounds like someone would approve of a too-skinny model ban.
As far as the 32-year-old's own image is concerned?
"It's just about doing what you like so that when you look at yourself, you're not disgusted. And I'm all about unintentional. I'm not a calculated person."
"I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful?"
"I want to be a f--king feminist and wear a f--king Peter Pan collar. So f--king what?"
File that under New Girl quotes we'd love to hear on her show somehow.
Then check out more great Zooey Deschanel photos below!
source internet......
Share on Google Plus

About Celebrities photo gallery

0 comments: