Lindsay Lohan on 'GMA': Learning From Her Mistakes and Relating to Elizabeth Taylor (Video)

Even though Lindsay Lohan abruptly canceled her Barbara Walters 20/20 interview, ABC still managed to land the starlet as a Good Morning America guest on Friday to discuss her Lifetime movie Liz & Dick
Lohan appeared on the morning show and discussed how she's learning from her personal mistakes, expressed surprise that she apparently has a newly revealed half-sister and explained how she personally lobbied producers of the Lifetime movie for a chance to play Elizabeth Taylor.
VIDEO: Drinking, Fighting, Fornicating: Watch Lindsay Lohan in 'Liz & Dick' Trailer
"It's really nervewracking to play someone that's, you know, such an incredible force and a wonderful woman, so I was kind of nervous to see what people would think of it," Lohan said. "I think it was more so kind of, you can never actually be, you know, a clone of the person so you have to bring some of yourself into it and I was lucky enough because I do relate to Elizabeth Taylor in a lot of ways."
Lindsay Lohan's Liz & Dick, which portrays the relationship between Taylor and Richard Burton, premieres on Lifetime on November 25. The Hollywood Reporter critic Tim Goodman's review of the movie deemed it "an awful mess and an instant classic of unintentional hilarity."
Lohan said on GMA that she sought out the Taylor role after she learned that the movie would be made.
"It's a funny story, actually, I had seen that they were going to be making the movie and I got the producers' numbers and started harrassing [Liz & Dick producer] Larry Thompson," she said. "I didn't even care if my agents were going to do it or not, I just did it myself too. Because I was like 'No else is going to play this role, I have to do this.'"
She was also asked about the mistakes she made in her tumultuous personal life. "I think that everyone goes through things in life and I like to learn from my mistakes, obviously, but I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't gone through certain things," she said. 
Lohan later described how she had a moment where she wondered to herself if she still wanted to be acting, but stepping back from the limelight helped her see that being on set "makes me the happiest."
STORY: Liz & Dick: TV Review
An awkward moment occurred when the actress said that her family helps keep her grounded and GMA interviewer Amy Robach brought up the news that Lohan had a newly revealed half-sister because her father, Michael Lohan, had said he took a paternity test and found that he was the father of a 17-year-old girl.
"I didn't even hear that, so thanks for the news, I don't pay attention to any of it," Lindsay replied.
As for the future, Lohan made sure to mention her upcoming independent film, The Canyons, a sexual thriller written by Bret Easton Ellis (American Psycho). "I'm reading scripts everyday," she said, before laughing as she noted that she keeps calling her agents to say "Just keep me on set, it's safer that way."
source internet...
Share on Google Plus

About Celebrities photo gallery

0 comments: